Let's Save the Sea Turtles
The loggerhead sea turtle is a mysterious and beautiful visitor to our South Carolina coast. Our program explores the life cycle of the sea turtle, challenges to conservation, and how you can help save our state reptile. Following a 45 minute presentation, participants will go on a guided nighttime beach walk (about 3 miles total) for a chance to witness a nesting loggerhead sea turtle. Appearance of a loggerhead is not guaranteed. This program is appropriate for ages 11 and older due to late hours and difficult walking conditions. The age limit is strictly enforced. Advanced registration is required.
The 2023 Sea Turtle Night Walk season has ended. Thank you to all who participated! See you in 2024!
- Starting June 22, 2023 the Night Turtle Walks will be offered Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays in June and July.
- Hours: 9:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. (could be extended based on turtle viewing opportunity).
- There are Night Walk Survivor shirts available for a $15 donation.
- The walk will take place regardless of the tide level.
- Any form of photography is prohibited.
9pm-12 a.m. (could be extended based on turtle viewing opportunity). Participants should arrive around 8:45 p.m.
Wi-Fi Room located within the day use area of the park (104 Palmetto Boulevard).
What to Bring
Program registration receipt, water, insect repellent, rain gear, walking shoes that can get wet. Please do not bring any flashlights. Turtle safe red flashlights will be provided.
$35 per person, ages 11 and up